- Start by soaking the tamarind paste in 1/2 cup of hot water for 30 minutes.
- After soaking, strain the tamarind through a sieve into a bowl, using a spoon to press the pulp and extract all the flesh. Alternatively, you can massage the softened tamarind with your fingers to extract the pulp. Discard any solids and retain the tamarind pulp for the recipe.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tamarind pulp with dark soy sauce, salt, chili flakes, ginger, garlic, and fresh chili. Ensure a thorough mix.
- Add the chicken wings to the marinade and stir thoroughly. Refrigerate for several hours. Before cooking, allow the chicken wings to return to room temperature by leaving them on the countertop for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a wok until it’s hot. Add the marinated wings along with the sauce.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 5 minutes to achieve an even sear on the chicken. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken wings are completely cooked, and the sauce has thickened.
- Finally, add the honey and thoroughly combine it with the dish. Serve it hot, and don’t forget to garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!