- Before cooking, brush steaks with oil and bring to room temperature.
- Cut a few deep slits in the eggplant and place directly over a gas flame using tongs. If you don’t have a gas flame, you can roast your eggplant in the oven. Simply halve it lengthways, drizzle with oil and roast until very tender.
- Cook for 10 minutes, rotating as the skin chars and the eggplant softens. Remove to a tray and slice in half lengthways. Scoop flesh into a sieve set over a bowl and allow to drain for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to very hot, season steak with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium, then allow to rest.
- Finely chop the drained eggplant until it becomes slightly mushy, and then place in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Gently fold through tomato, cucumber, parsley and half the pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining pomegranate seeds on top.