- Place cleaned lamb/ beef pieces in a bowl.
- Make Marinade: Blitz the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor till smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and mix to coat the meat. the mutton pieces in this spice paste along with the roasted coriander and cumin powders. Cover and set aside for for atleast 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the coconut milk along with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan. Dissolve the tamarind paste into the coconut milk. Once the coconut milk is simmering, add the meat along with the marinade and stir to mix.
- Add the remaining Lime leaves, Soy sauce and adjust salt in the curry as per your preference. Bring the curry to a boil. Lower the heat and bring it down to a simmer. At this stage the curry will be a light creamy brown. Cover partially with a lid and let the lamb simmer for the next 60-90 minutes.
- Open the lid occasionally and stir the curry to ensure that the lamb is always well coated in the curry. This curry darkens gradually and eventually develops into a beautiful dark brown. While the water evaporates to thicken the gravy, you will occasionally need to add some water to keep the curry from drying up and to cook the meat to perfect tenderness.
- Once the meat is almost cooked to your liking, add the potato cubes to the simmering gravy. Cook further till the potatoes are done. Switch off heat and keep covered.