- To make the mini meat balls, mix beef with scallion, soya sauce and pepper in a bowl and massage the meat until paste becomes sticky. Divide meat into small portions and roll it into mini balls. Drop beef balls in boiling water until cooked and set aside
- Pre-heat the soup pot over medium Heat. Add cooking oil, blended items, Malay soup powder, cinnamon stick and star anise and saute until the spices become fragrant.
- Add minced beef and the washed uncooked rice into the pot. Stir well and add water.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes and add coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve meat balls with porridge and garnish with scallion, Chinese parsley and fried shallot.