- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °c
- Melt down butter on low heat in a pan and leave aside to cool
- Chop up veggies and set aside ; slice onions into quarters and smash garlic cloves with the side of knife
- Squeeze lemon over chicken skin. Then, take the melted down butter and massage it all over the chicken. Get butter into the crevices, and if you can, slide your fingers between the meat and skin of the chicken and rub butter in
- Salt and pepper the chicken, then use the mix of turmeric and cayenne pepper powder to rub over the skin. Season the cavity of the chicken as well.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with one or two chopped up carrots, a quarter onion, 2 garlic cloves, rosemary/thyme, and the fennel fronds. For the rest of the vegetables, lay it at the bottom of the Dutch oven, and place chicken on top of it. Cover the Dutch Oven with lid.
- Transfer dutch oven to pre-heated oven and let cook for min 2.5 hours to 3.5 hours, basting every hour with chicken juices.