- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, and add the cardamom and cinnamon. Add the chopped onions, gently saute and set aside to cool. Discard the cardamom and cinnamon pieces.
- Place mince into a bowl and add the onion mixture, egg, salt, coriander powder, chili powder, cumin, coriander and bread crumbs. Mix well and shape into desired size flat patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and sear the patties, flipping after a few minutes on each side until golden. Lower heat and cook the meat through. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Mix the mayonnaise and green chutney in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns and spread the sauce generously before adding the patty and any other accompaniments.