- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for half a minute. Set aside pork ribs and discard water.
- Wash the Chinese herbs and set aside.
- Chop the corn into 3 smaller pieces, slice the onions, cut each potato into quarters and slice the peeled carrots into 2-3 inch thickness.
- In a large pot, combine the vegetables, Chinese herbs and pork ribs all together.
- Fill the pot with water just until it covers the ingredients.
- On the stove, bring the soup to a rolling boil for 15 minutes uncovered, then turn the heat down to a low boil ( small bubbles should still be seen) and boil covered for a further 1.5 hours.