- Remove casing from the beef and chorizo sausages and place the minced meat into a large bowl.
- Add grated onion and garlic into the minced meat and mixed well.
- Roll the minced meat into meatballs. Each meatball should be around the size of fishball.
- In a frying pan or casserole, add about 2-3 tbsp olive oil. Pan-fry the meatballs till golden brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add garlic and onion and sautee till fragrant. Add the 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and let the sauce simmer on low heat for 10mins (covered). Add some water if necessary
- Add the meatballs and cook for another 8mins (covered). Add basil, sea salt, black pepper and sugar to taste. Simmer for another 1-2 mins (covered).
- In a small pot on low heat, add butter then flour, stir to make a roux. Add beef stock and cooking cream and bring to boil. Switch off the heat.
- To serve, divide the fusilli pasta into 3-4 portions. Scoop tomato or creamy sauce over the meatballs and pasta. This dish is best served hot.