- In a small saucepan bring let chicken stock simmer on a medium heat with the lid on.
- Peel onion and finely slice and set aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin off pumpkin and finely grate and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat add butter, olive oil and onion let the onions cook till they are soft.
- Add rice to the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the rice starts to go slightly translucent. Make sure you continually stir coating all the rice in the oil, butter and onions.
- Add two ladles of hot stock and continuously until the stock is completely absorbed by the rice. Continue adding ladles of hot stock until the rice is almost cooked through.
- Stir through the grated pumpkin. Keep stirring it into the risotto to ensure it cooks through.
- Add the grated parmesan and chicken pieces from your stick, and stir these ingredients through the risotto gently. Cover and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.