- To make the Chimichurri, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. (Chimichurri can be prepared and refrigerated for 24 hours before serving.)
- Dry the tomahawk steak with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Let it sit and come to room temperature.
- Wrap aluminum foil around the rib bone.In a cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan, on high heat, add olive oil and wait till it is smoking. Sear the tomahawk steak on, 1 min for one side, before lowering to medium-high heat and cook it for 5 mins. Flip it over and cook for another 3 mins.
- Transfer to a pre-heated oven of 180 degree C and roast for about 10 mins or until the internal temperature is about 52 degree C. Remove from oven.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
- Serve chimichurri on the side in a dip bowl with the carved Tomahawk steak (about 2-3 tablespoons of chimichurri per person). Allow your guests to either dip their steaks in chimichurri or pour it over.