- Slice avocado lengthwise, discard the pit and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Season with salt & pepper, and mash avocado with fork until smooth, then set aside.
- Prepare thinly sliced tomatoes and evenly cut hamburger buns.
- Heat pan to medium heat then add a dash of cooking oil. Cook patty for roughly 4 minutes until both sides are crisp brown.
- Assemble the burger with a dollop of mayonnaise (if desired), avocado, lettuce and a slice of tomato.
- Place remaining slice of bread on top and serve.