- Mix together cumin, curry powder, white sugar, salt and condensed milk. Pour over chicken strips, mix well and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before using. Bring chicken back to room temperature before cooking.
- To cook satay, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly charred and cooked through. Scrape the pan after each batch and discard charred bits.
- Satay can also be put on skewers and grilled for 4-6 minutes. Brush them with coconut oil and turn occasionally until slightly charred and cooked through.
- Next, for the satay sauce. In a wok on medium-high flame, fry curry paste and coconut cream until oil separates.
- Add palm sugar, salt, coconut milk, and stir gently until it comes to a boil.
- Pour in lemon juice, ground cumin and ground peanuts, stir and cook on medium flame for a few minutes until sauce thickens and oil surfaces. Serve hot with grilled satay.