- Soak and drain the short ribs in cold water for about 2 hours to ensure it is drained of excess blood. Bring the cleaned ribs to boil in a pot of water. After 5 minutes, skim off any residue and rinse again in cold water.
- Blend the onion, kiwi and pear in a food processor till it is well pureed. Add the mirin to the blend and puree again.
- Transfer the clean short ribs into a pot and pour in the blend. Cook over low heat for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Chop the carrots and radish into medium sized pieces. In another bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic and sugar.
- Add 4 cups of water to the soy sauce mixture to the pot. Sim for about 30 mins, then and add in the vegetables and cook covered for another 30 mins till the vegetables and meat are cooked through.
- Serve with kimchi and white or brown rice.