- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well making sure the sugar has dissolved. Pour ¼ of the marinade over the steak and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the steak out of the fridge, turn the meat in the marinade and let it stand for 15 minutes to come to room temperature.
- In the meantime, soak the vermicelli noodles in water for 15 minutes or as per packaging instructions.
- Prepare the salad by combining the cucumber, mixed greens, parsley, mint, beans and shallots.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the soaked vermicelli noodles and cook for a few minutes, till they are soft. Drain and set aside.
- Coat your steak in a small amount of oil and heat the frying pan. Test the pan by flicking one or two drops of water. If it sizzles and evaporates, it is ready to go.
- Add the rib eye to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium rear. Transfer the steak to a carving board and leave to rest for 3 minutes until foil.
- Assemble the salad and noodles and dress with the remaining marinade, toss to combine. Divide into bowls or onto a serving platter.
- Cut the rib eye across the grain in thin slices. Top the salad with the slices of rib eye, add any remaining marinade over each bowl and serve.